Sunday 2 August 2015

New ideas

This is just a blog of images after an afternoon in the workshop using the naturally dyes fabrics
with the pleating machine.

 I used a wool scarf and want to experiment with clasps etc to create neck warmers!



I was thinking about the photos of ripples and reflections.







Then a friend asked me to make a book cover for her daughter so I used the waxed patchwork of mark making and found that the wax residue in the fabric results in a better finish,

I decided to use my digital machine to embroider a personalised border with Laura's name.

 







The weld has been harvested and is drying in the shed ready to make a new dye bath soon.
The nettles are full of flower so I have used them for a dye bath so that I can compare the colour with my other samples.
Think it will soon be time to evaluate!

No comments:

Post a Comment