Tuesday 12 July 2016

Almost there!!

A week away to write the Critical Evaluation and a family wedding followed by college reunion was a good break away from dye pots!!
The CE was interesting and gave me the space to look back at the ways this project has developed changed and ended in a place that I feel comfortable. The booklet and working in collaboration with George has been so worthwhile. The end product isn't perfect but is a useful tool for future plans to present my work to various audiences. It will be difficult to make it pay for itself in sales but I need to consider it as a loss leader which, if successful could lead to profit.
                   
                                           COVER DESIGN  for COLOUR NATURALLY
So I have 4 large pieces all needing something small like stitching to complete and I am pleased with the outcomes after all these weeks. I feel that I was able to make decisions with the knowledge I have built over the last 2 years. The final 4 are all different and I think that shows a broad understanding not only of the dyeing process but also eco print with iron wax resist and the colour potential.

HANGING 1 - THE FIELD : WINTER SUNSET



I am pleased with the colours here and this shows the development from design to resist to final outcome.
HANGING 2 - THE FIELD : SPRING SHOOTS




No comments:

Post a Comment