Monday 30 March 2015

Questions and tools

My Learning Agreement???? Well I am trying to use information from the past which includes traditional techniques still being used; to inform my practice and it does help to write this down to clarify the direction of my practice! If my work is to be contemporary then I need to consider
Design
Context
Size
Colour
as well as the process/methods I adopt.
An interesting session in the interdisciplinary group where we have to explain our work/practice to artists from other disciplines. We were introduced to Joseph Beuys - must make time to read and try to understand his thought process.
On a more practical basis tools made!
So pleased that my initial fears of working in the 3D workshop with soldering etc was overcome and I am surprised that I have been able to make tools that I can now develop and trial. I think there is a block that could be made with copper piping - who do I know with a pipe cutter?

Just discovered the Ladao which is similar to a Tjanting but is used in China also the Tchap. Also there are ofcourse a wide range of brush techniques and I will be interested to see the range of tools used by Helen Dougall who does beautiful Batik designs based on her paintings of the Suffolk countryside.
Don't want to replicate batik but really want to see if I can use timing in the indigo vat to achieve the bands of blues Helen has shown here with batik. Looking forward to meeting her!


No comments:

Post a Comment