Tuesday 7 April 2015

Sarah Angold design session

This session with Sarah was just what I need - I need to move on from mark making although I will still use mark making when trying new tools and when I start using paste for resist.

Sarah asked us to find an image and use it to trace a line from top to bottom, then choose one area of the design to trace and repeat it.
We continued to use tracing paper to select areas and layer the lines then added colour by shading areas of the original tracing. You can just about see the original tracing but the abstraction becomes interesting.
After working from our own design we began to exchange with others in the group so that lines and shapes appeared that are unrelated to our original image. Then selected areas for texture and this made me think about the tools I could use to make these areas of texture and how to use the tjanting for lines. Making tools to a brief developed from a design.

 Layering the tracing paper we could experiment and combine the different elements.
 So now I have followed the same ideas to develop designs from my own drawings of water and from the studies of other artists work.

No comments:

Post a Comment