Monday 13 July 2015

Preparation and designing

The cotton chenille and cotton velvet will give me new fabrics to try but I am really excited about the wool brocolla and at £28 a metre I hope it will deliver. First prepare the cottons by soaking them in dissolved Tannin for 24 hours. I am using rainwater and have to use electricity as it is just too hot to light the range! The wool I will use with the woad vat to explore layers of light and dark blues. Thinking of a waterfall or wave. I have researched fringes but can't find the V&A dress which initially made me consider layered fringes. Not sure where this is going but I am trying to use the research ie a palette of colour to apply to design rather than shapes and symbols which are traditionally used with natural dyes. I like the Cavalli dress which has the layers of colour that I'm thinking about and the columns are interesting.
Cavalli fringed dress                                                                     DNKY skirt


Fringed columns

No comments:

Post a Comment